You always wanted to use your knowledge to do better for nature and climate? Nature conservation and restoration are your passion? Our client, a Berlin-based startup, has the same goals and vision! Founded by experts with multiple years of experience in AFOLU projects, they offer various ecosystem services and offsets directly out of one hand. With their hands-on approach in the projects they aspire to exceed certification standards and not just match them.
To ensure the high quality of their work, our client is currently looking for an AFOLU Project Development Manager (m/f/d), that shapes projects as well as the future of the company.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Steer the development and design of projects in the fields of forestry, agriculture and grassland and coordinate it with the country leads
- Take responsibility for the adherence to and implementation of the respective scientific methodologies in the projects
- Act as the main contact person to various organizations operating carbon crediting programs and track developments there
- Take the lead in planning new projects and coordinate plans with the Chief Climate Officer
- Multiple years of experience in managing conservation and restoration projects
- Strong understanding of various certifications, e.g. Verified Carbon Standard, Gold Standard and/or Preferred by Nature
- Expertise in multiple AFOLU methodologies under the above-mentioned certifications
- Business fluent English, any additional languages are a plus
- Willingness to travel to project sites, especially to sub-Saharan Africa
What’s in it for you?
- Working with a purpose: Preserve nature and fight climate change!
- Work directly with the founders and impact a new organization
- Possibility of ESOP and/or profit sharing
- Develop alongside a growing company and shape your own career path